Monday, December 9, 2013

A Few of my Favorite Things


A list of my favorite things, in honor of the holidays and the song I can’t seem to get out of my head right now!

~ romantic comedy

First question and it’s a hard one! Of all time? I’d have to say Sixteen Candles. John Hughes at his best. We all had those seemingly unattainable crushes in high school so this one just hits home. It may show my age but it’s a timeless classic!

~ national park

Easy. Yellowstone National Park. I live an hour from both the north and the west entrances. It’s beautiful and eerie. No matter how many times I go, I still find something new, some new part to explore. Of course I try to avoid it when it’s high tourist season…

~ type of weather

I like sun, of course, but I LOVE rainy, dreary days. The kind that make you want to curl up on the couch with a good book or a movie.

~ foreign accent

Scottish or Irish for sure. Gerard Butler can talk to me all day…sigh

~ winter olympic sport

Hockey!!

~ part of your love interest's body

I love nice, ropey, muscled forearms. Especially if they are tattooed!

~ breakfast cereal

Cocoa Puffs and Captain Crunch Berries. I’m still a kid when it comes to cereal

~ political figure

Does the Dali Lama count? Sure why not. The Dali Lama for sure!

~ magazine/periodical

National Geographic. I have stacks of them in my house. Never gets old looking at their photos.

~ toy from childhood

Barbie. Had some epic Barbie play times with my sister.

~ tattoo that you have

My fleur de lis. It’s on the top of my right wrist and has a skull in the middle. LOVE it, the artist did an amazing job. Now I have the itch…

~ pie

Banana cream!

~ day of the year

Christmas and opening day of football season

~ genre of music

Always a rock girl at heart!

~ flower

Orchid. I have expensive taste.

~ movie musical

Rock of Ages…amazing music

~ screen kiss

The kiss at the end of Pride and Prejudice (the version with Kiera Knightenly).

~ curse word or phrase to say

Probably best not to say it here!

~ musical 'genius'

Ville Valo – Lead singer for the Finnish band HIM – his lyrical genius just gets me every time. That man has a way with words.

~ 'battle scene' from a movie

The one outside Minas Tirath (spelling?) in The Return of the King, Lord of the Rings. EPIC!

~ music to get your groove on

Usher!

~ thing about your family

That I can consider them some of my best friends

~ way to travel

Plane, because it’s quicker but nothing beats a good road trip!

~ cause

Humanitarian work

~ candy bar

Not a big candy bar person…I guess maybe a Baby Ruth or Milky Way


~ thing about your work

Day job at a hotel – the people and interacting with them

Writing – being able to create my own worlds and rules

~ horror movie

Mama! Still have a hard time watching that one all the way through!

~ sport to play

Football is fun, without the tackling. Volleyball. Channel Surfing haha

~ band to see live

Godsmack! And surprisingly, Nickelback

~ video game

CALL OF DUTY!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment